Terms of Registration
You can register on the Site to create an account (“Account”). Once you create an account you become a registered user of the Site (a “Registered User”). As a Registered User, you have access to additional services, functionalities, and Site features available on the Site (the “Registered Services”), which Lowe’s may provide at its sole discretion.
As a Registered User you are subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Registration”). The Terms of Registration are in addition to and not in lieu of the Terms. The Terms and the Terms of Registration govern the relationship between you and Lowe’s concerning your use of the Registered Services. If, and only if, there is a conflict or inconsistency between the Terms and the Terms of Registration then the Terms of Registration will control. If you do not agree with any of the Terms of Registration, you must discontinue use of the Registered Services.
- Entities as Registered Users. If you become a Registered User on behalf of a company, organization or other entity, then (a) "you" includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in the Registered Terms and bind the entity to the Registered Terms, and that you agree to the Registered Terms on the entity’s behalf.
- Eligibility. Federal, state, and local government entities (e.g. federal agencies) are not eligible to become Registered Users of the Site, and government pricing, recordkeeping, and any other government terms or requirements will not apply to transactions on lowesforpros.com. You agree that Lowe’s will not be liable for purchases or other transactions by you if you are purchasing on behalf of a government entity.
- Username and Password. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. Lowe’s may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Authorized Registered Users. Access to and use of password-protected areas of the Site is restricted to Registered Users only. You are solely responsible for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials, username, and password, and any and all activities (including purchases) that are conducted through your Account. You agree that you will be responsible for any and all statements made, and acts or omissions that occur, through the use of your login credentials. You agree not to transfer, resell, share, or allow unauthorized persons to use or other facilitate access to or use of the Site through your Account. If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password on your Account and immediately notify Lowe’s of the problem by contacting Lowe's Customer Care at email@example.com or 800-445-6937. Lowe’s assume that any communications we receive from your email or other address, or communications that are associated with your login credentials or your Account on this Site, have been made by you unless we receive notice indicating otherwise.
You are also responsible for any discrepancy in pricing or other terms between any applicable contract or advertising and the pricing or other terms found on the Site. You must notify Lowe’s immediately if you discover that you have been charged incorrectly.
- Account and Tracked Purchases. Purchases made online while logged into your Account will allow Lowe’s to register and record your purchases, which will provide you access to product descriptions, quantity purchased, price, date of purchase and additional information. Lowe’s may also track purchases you make with your Lowe’s Accounts Receivable ("LAR") account. These in store and online transactions are called "Tracked Purchases."
You acknowledge and agree that Lowe’s owns all the data and information concerning your Tracked Purchases, but subject to the Terms of Registration, Lowe’s may make your Tracked Purchases available to you for viewing through your Account. Lowe’s will continue to own all of the data and information concerning your Tracked Purchases even if your Account is deactivated for any reason.
- Submissions. As a Registered User, you may be able to review your Tracked Purchases. You may also be able to upload to your Account additional information or data, making your Account a powerful tool for managing your business, spend, and projects. The information or data you upload or enter into your Account is called "Submissions." Lowe’s reserves the right to supervise the uploading of any Submissions, but Lowe’s is under no legal obligation to do so.
- Your Submissions
- For any Submissions that are covered by any intellectual property rights ("IP Content"), you grant Lowe’s a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use those Submissions ("IP License") as Lowe’s sees fit in its sole discretion.
- The IP License ends when you delete your IP Content from your Account, unless your IP Content has already been used outside your Account or shared with others and they have not deleted it.
- You understand and agree that deleted IP Content may persist in backup copies of your Account, but deleted IP Content will not be available for your use or review from your Account once it has been deleted.
- You agree that Lowe’s and its affiliates and agents may use your name, email address, telephone number, LAR information, or other Account information to access, review, edit and modify your Submissions, Tracked Purchases and other information associated with your Account.
- Deactivation of Your Account. Lowe’s reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or delete any or all material from your Account or the Site at any time. Lowe’s may also deactivate your Account for any reason and in its sole discretion. Deactivation of your Account for any reason, including at your request or as a result of Account inactivity, may result in all data and information uploaded or submitted by you or by Lowe’s, regardless of source, no longer being accessible to you, even if you decide to open a new Account. You acknowledge and agree that Lowe’s has no obligation to make a copy, electronic or otherwise, of your Submissions or Tracked Purchases available to you at any time, including, without limitation, upon deactivation of your Account for any reason.
- Termination. Lowe’s reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of the Site, your Account and the Registered Services, or any portion thereof, without liability, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, and without notice to you.
- Upon deactivation of your Account or termination of your use of the Site or the Registered Services, or upon your violation of the Terms of Registration or the Terms, your right to use the Site and any portions of the Site, including Registered Services, will immediately cease.
- Making Purchases. If you wish to purchase products or services described on the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information applicable to your purchase, including, without limitation, credit card, LAR or other information. Your Account will provide you a location to store your information and allow you to make a future purchase without re-entering information. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you and any users of your account and your credit card (or other applicable payment mechanism) at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your purchases.
- Only for U.S. Residents. The Site and Registered Services are solely directed to and intended for individuals and entities residing in the United States. Lowe’s makes no representations that the Site and any content or functionality available through the Site and its associated features are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent they are applicable.
- Change of Terms You agree that Lowe’s has the right to change the terms and conditions (including, without limitation, the Terms and the Terms of Registration) under which the Site is offered at any time and without notice to you.
- Credit Information and Access. The Site and Registered Services may include access to your LAR information and features. LAR information and other features involving your credit are provided by a third-party provider of credit (“Creditor”), currently GE Capital Retail Bank, and are subject to terms and conditions provided by Creditor. Your use of these portions of the Site and Registered Services is a complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms provided by Creditor. You must discontinue use of these portions of the Site if you do not accept the terms provided by Creditor.
- Communications From Lowe’s. By becoming a Registered User, you agree and opt in to receive general and targeted advertising, marketing materials and other communications, including email from Lowe’s and its subsidiaries and affiliates. For example, if your Account contains information about a landscaping project, Lowe’s may send you information on proper planting techniques or a promotion on plant materials.